Lonely

I'm a single mom to a 1 year old baby girl. I am only 23 years old and I still feel really young. Before I had the baby I dated anyone I wanted and went out every night. Now that I'm a mom I have gone out 2 times since the baby has been born a year ago and I havn't had a single date. I don't know what to do. I cry myself to sleep because I am so lonely. I am still really good friends with the father of the baby but we were never boyfriend/girlfriend. He reminds me constantly that he doesn't want to be with me. I don't want to be with him either but I want to be with someone. I am miserable.. Anyone in my same situation? Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what about getting some friends to go out with? have a fam member watch the babes? and next time he reminds you he doesnt want to be with you say "i know,..but its okay cause i can do better:)" anywho im married and with a 2 year old and i havent "been out" in those 2 years! but my hubs keeps me company..im really young as well..i guess it might just be the joys of motherhood
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 12:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have gone out a few times with my girlfriends but its hard to actually meet anyone when you're a young single mom with a baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. In a way, it kinda says you're doing something right. You're obviously taking responsibility for your baby and not dumping her with a family member or whoever. I would suggest joining a mom's group- they're people who are going through a lot of the same things as you regardless of their age. Also, after a year, things get a little more stable in that you find you have more time for yourself and have a better routine down. I couldn't get anything done the first year with DD, but don't think that's how it stays. And I can see that the father is kinda your only lifeline to the real world but you need some other connections so you don't get hurt everytime he isn't available. And tell him to stop telling you he doesn't want to be with you- you get it and he can drop it! no woman would feel good about that! don't let him be your everything. try meetup.com- good luck!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• hugsNot sure  I have words of wisdom but sorry you are lonely. I had 3 kids as a single mom and never went out. I didn't date for 15 yrs until they grew up and left. Go to the MOMS tab above and do a search for CM moms in your zip code. Maybe you can get up with other moms and get play dates. You can make friends and the kids can play.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• well, I think this is a great opportunity for you to figure out what you like about yourself and learn what you like to do to make yourself happy. I think too many people rely on other people to make us happy. I say use it to your benifit. Find books YOU like, movies that make you happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'm sorry you're feeling so lonely.... it's such a tough feeling. Is there a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group in your area? They are usually associated with churches, but it's a great group, no judging or anything. That would be a good way for you to meet other mommies and make some connections. They also have childcare. Check it out if you have one available to you!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 3:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2009