Shouldn't these stupid doctors take this more seriously?

I have an appointment with my 6 month old baby girl's pediatrician tomorrow and I think I should raise hell on these people. My daughter has been sick for a week now, and was hospitalized twice within that week. She has SEVERE vomitting, to the point where she cannot hold anything down. Not breastmilk, water, pedialite, anything. She has diarrhea, she is dehydrated(was given an IV at the hospital for this), and is weak. I'm pissed because after she was released on Sunday, although she was NOT well, she continued to vomit. So I took her back to the hospital, and she was placed under "supervision" and released again. I set an appointment with her pediatrician for tuesday. All they told me was that she doesnt have a fever so she's okay. My poor kid is still vomitting, not even sitting up anymore, let alone acting "okay". I set ANOTHER appointment for tomorrow. What in the world do I tell these people to get some REAL HELP!!!

Bernie19

Asked by Bernie19 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes! Raise hell!!! You are her only and best advocate, good luck I hope your baby is herself soon.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• let them know how long it has been going on for, say she is not acting herself, say she seems miserable...ask for blood work, urine analysis...everything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree with the above posters and also if need be ask for a 2nd opinion.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• take her back to the er for fluides, doc can't do anything for her
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• im sorry you little one is sick :( but these people definately need to take this more seriously!!! I don't understand why she is being released when she is not well. And it seems her pediatricain would see your little one the same day. when my daughter (1mth @ the time) was feeling stuffy and hd trouble breathing through her nose they saw her about 2 to 3 hrs later. I dont understand whats there problem. I would definately keep going to a docto even if its a different one. I hope your little one feels better soon
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• How about going to a different hospital?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• they didn't even give her anti nausea meds? I'd take her to a different hospital. If she is truly dehydrated and lethargic, she should be on IV fluids and anti nausea meds. vomiting and diarrhea are the body's way of getting rid of bad stuff, so it's possible she has a bacteria or virus that they want her to rid herself of and aren't stopping it because of that, but I would think they would have told you that. have you tried just 1 teaspoon of pedialtye at a time? and then waiting at least 10-15 minutes before another teaspoon? My son has had gastroenteritis several times (vomiting for 10 days) and the ONLY way he could keep anything down was if we gave him very very diluted formula. plain water is hard on a nauseous stomach, and my son can't have pedialtye so diluted formula is what they recommend for him. It's obviously not a good thing to do regularly, but for times like this it is fine and might do the trick.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• you can always go to another hospital, see another doctor, or get a second opinion, but remember, there are somethings they cannot do for babies that small, I went through that with mine around that age. Just be patient. Have her checked for the flu, which can be fatal for infants, but like i said, sometimes you have to just let things run there course on babies that small. DEFINITELY get a BLOOD test. Keep her IN YOUR SIGHT, sleep with her, ect. I will pray for her!
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would go to a different hospital, sadly there are hospitals that just plain suck. i live in a small town and i drive past our hospital to one 45 minutes away because it is so bad. Even while in labor with contractions 5 minutes apart i kept driving.

Take her to a different hospital, let them know what you have been through this week and tell them you want test and you want to get to the bottom of it right now.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i would go to a diff hospital and demand something more than an IV be done. have they given you meds or any diagnoses for her??
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009