do you hate it when strangers come up and rub your belly?

with my first pregnancy, people were always rubbing my belly wherever i went. one day i practically got attacked at a restaurant. i was waiting for a table and some woman rushed towards me and grabbed my belly with both hands just rubbing all over. i tried to move back but there was a wall right behind me. it seriously bothers me. i'm pregnant again, but not showing yet. i am already dreading the tummy grabs soooo bad! how do i make people stay away? i have seen those shirts that say "Don't touch the bump!" but who will really take that seriously?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hate that!!! Dh is insanely tall and one day we were at the store and a lady commented on big he is. I laughed and said yea and I'm carrying his baby. BAM her hands were right on my stomach. I just backed away and crossed my arms over my stomach. At work the residents are always coming up and trying to touch my stomach. as soon as i see their hands, i cover my stomach.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Punch them in the face for endangering your unborn childs safety, if its truely a rushing stranger coming at you, then I am sure you'll be fine (legally) when you punch them and say get the f off me! that's what I would do! :)
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Rub their belly! That is what I did, LOL. They hate it and get defensive!!!!!!!! LMAO. It works!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• OP here... love the different answers! "rub their belly" - that's awesome! not something i ever would have thought to do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I don't like people penetrating my bubble yet alone touching me eeehhhh

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• thankfully no one has rubbed mine yet and I so don't want them to! I hate people touching me when I'm not very close to them.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes, especially since I am just fat, not pregnant. I love the one...oh so when are you due??? All the while patting my belly. I usually say, oh I don't know, the aliens haven't written me any more crop circles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• strangers rubbing your belly is the worst. i was out on a boat and went to this island where evryone just kinda hangs out on sundays and i had like 15 people come rub my belly and talk to it and it was very awkward and uncomfortable. LOVE the idea of rubbing their bellies back! so going to do that!!
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 10:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• ME TOO!!! I went to Spencer's in the mall and bought a shirt that says, "EXPECTING! to kick your ass if you touch my bump!"
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 2:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009