What you think of this?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/091001-oldest-human-skeleton-ardi-missing-link-chimps-ardipithecus-ramidus.html

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 12:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Answered at 12:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 by: UAFwife

Yeah, your answers are opinions too. I hope you know that science has not proven Creationism, Intelligent Design, or Evolution. They are all theories on how we were created. Please for the sake of not looking unintelligent you should do some actual research out of your religious bubble.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Its dumb. there is no such thing as the missing link.. God is the creator of this earth he made man and he made monkey ... not a man monkey..
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Excuse me by the way I spoke on the last answer I just get tired of people wanting opinions on things that has basically even been ruled out by scientist that there is an intelligent Creator although they want to say it is GOD, that evolution is been proven false.. and was never fact to begin with .. theory
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• im with uafwife
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think it's fascinating.
    But i do think the theory that humans started walking for sex is rather weak, but still possible.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• a theory in science is not the same as a theory in the way most people think of it.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistry101/a/lawtheory.htm

This is a decent explanation though it isn't as clear as some others I have seen.

http://www.wilstar.com/theories.htm

This one seems better.

The problem I see with saying, "it's just a theory" is that it doesn't get any stronger than that in science. Gravity is a theory. So are germs. But you wouldn't say, "well, gravity is only a theory so I'm going to go jump off a cliff. After all, it's just a theory".
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 1:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My previous post was in response to UAFwife. Sorry forgot to put that in it.

At any rate, the article is definately interesting. I'll have to show it to my son. He is inot all this stuff.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 1:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Ooh, interesting =) This is the kind of stuff I'd like to study in college.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Love the new piccy Cait :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• neither way is proven. waht is proven is that religious fanatics think they are right and get pissy, and scientists think they are right and keep finding more and more fossils to help back that.

i dont see why it ssuch a long shot to say god instigated the big bang then set back and let everything work it self out like he's watching a movie. he doesnt really come in and intervene a lot..free will and all.....so he just lets us do our thing, lets evolution do its thing. I DO NOT believe humans were first ie the whole adam and eve thing. but really the bible has been rewrteen and trnaslated, crap taken out etc. yet ppl trust it? really......he's in your heart, you rheart is your bible.

science is right...so is god.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009