Can anyone give me some names of legitimate, accredited online colleges?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in

• University of Phoenix is supposed to be really good. They might have an actual campus in your area, for studying and use of labs.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• penn foster
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You can go onto almost any regular schools website and see if they have a distance education program. I know that Troy State University has it. University of Maryland has a College that is for distance learning. Just look at some of the colleges out there, most are incorporating at least some degrees that you can get fully online.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 12:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• University of Maryland College, UMUC....Thats the one I am attending . Phoenix is a good one too
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I attend University of Phoenix online and it's been great.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• ashworth university...im doing an online program right now!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My DH is about to graduate from Everest University online. It is accredited and he will be able to take his degree anywhere in the US. He accesses it through Florida Metropolitan University Tampa. They have the most awesome student services and his advisor has been great. I like that there are actual people involved and they offer all the services that a brick and mortor school would because they are a brick and mortor school as well.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 9:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Most colleges now offer degrees where you can take all or most of your classes online. Eventhough the "online colleges" are accredited, most schools you may want to transfer to will NOT accept their credits, and as the mom who was in HR said, most places you seek employment will just discard your application when they see that school.
    Anonymous

• my boss goes to devry
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2009