(very) early engagement (dropping) of baby ?

So I am 34 weeks and think my baby dropped, at least partially, 2 weeks ago or so. I feel tons more pressure and soreness on my bottom and have to pee so bad it's almost painful sometimes. (I had a fall prior to noticing these symptoms, so maybe it triggered him to drop?) I didn't even know what "dropping" was until this week and my doc seemed to think that was probably what was going on. Is it normal to drop at like 31-32 weeks?? Also, any experiences with early births related to this? Especially like 1-2 weeks early? I believe I have been experiencing BH contractions more often too and have felt more hormonal than usual. Also, the "nesting" thing kicked in around the same time.

sammybear71

Asked by sammybear71 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Braxton Hicks is very normal at 34 weeks! So don't worry about that. You're body is just preparing for what's coming, and getting you ready. And the baby dropping is also pretty normal, the baby can drop several weeks before he actually decides to come out! So I wouldn't worry too much about that either. I've had three kids, and I've experienced this each pregnancy.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 1:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I was told that baby can drop as early as week 31 or so, it just depends on the woman & the baby. I dropped over a few days time right around 34weeks. That doesn't mean you'll deliver soon though, baby can stay like that until full term easily apparently. Also, the BH contractions - I started having BH contractions around 26weeks, & by the time I got to 34weeks they were more regular & stronger than before. It has continued to this day (just about 36weeks) & my doctor said to expect more & more often up until delivery. So it sounds like everything you're describing is completely normal & that you don't have anything to worry about.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would not consider 32 weeks "VERY" early dropping of the baby, it seems ok to me. You wont know how engaged he/she is til the doctor checks you but babies need to "drop" about 7 times at the end of pregnancy and during labor & delivery. I wouldnt worry about it at all, it doesnt mean that your baby will come early
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2009