what kind of cough drops are okay during pregnancy???

a pharmacist said not to use medicated cough drops...so what brand do i use???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are "natural" brands out there, that dont use a condensed version of cough medicine. All I know is that when I tried one it was really gross LOL. I'd say your best bet is to ask your doctor just in case. I know some sites say to use lozenges rather than cough drops, but again I'd say it's best just to ask your doctor. If you need something tonight, try giving your L&D a call & ask one of the nurses what they recommend. Good luck!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I use cough drops there is not enough cough syrup in them to harm your baby unless you use them like candy...
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• my doctor told me to use regular halls. i have one in my mouth right now lol....he just told me this on monday, but every doctor has their own opinions based on your individual needs so i would check with your OB first and just see what they say. you should be able to just call and ask.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 10:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• AS YOUR DOCTOR HE/SHE KNOWS YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY!! Don't play with fire!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009