For you that have had shedule c sections?

Did you remember how many weeks you was when they sceduled for you to have your c section? How long before you had the baby did you know what the date was?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine were mostly scheduled at 38 weeks. But, my babies are naturally big. First c-section was an emergancy, next 2 planned and scheduled at about 6 months, this pregnancy I had mine scheduled at 18 weeks because of the time of year and my career.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 2:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I found out the week before I had my c-section. We knew from the very beginning it would be a c-section but they waited to schedule it.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 9:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Mine was scheduled for 39 weeks, and we just decided to go that route the week before, so we knew for one week. With my second, if I'd wanted a repeat C/s instead of VBAC, they wanted me to schedule it at my 24-week appointment. If you know you're going to schedule a C/s, you can set a date at your first appointment if you want to. Most doctors won't do a C/s before 39 weeks though (38 for some) to make sure the baby's mature enough, unless there's a reason they definitely don't want you going into labor at all. (If you go into labor before your scheduled date, they'll just do the C/s then, no biggy.)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think it will depend on your doctor. My doctor schedules them 3 months ahead of time, but I know some wait until the end.
    navywifesince07

Answer by navywifesince07 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2009