H1N1 parties

So I heard on the news that mothers of school age children are holding "H1N1 parties" in which they all get together and expose their kids to the virus in hopes it will build immunity. What are your thoughts on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats freaking crazy!!! I guess its no different than "pox parties" but I could NEVER intentionally expose my son to that. Ugh. The things people do..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I dont think it's much different from when i was a little girl and my mom made sure that my cousin with chicken pox gave me lots of hugs (to expose me to the chicken pox virus)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It's a little different than the chicken pox. H1N1 is killing healthy children. Only 1 in 100 die from the chicken pox.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• less then that die from H1N1
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• So far, but it's been killing HEALTHY children. The flu tends to be more deadly than chicken pox.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'm not saying we should panic. I'm just saying most parents wouldn't do that with the normal flu, so why would they with H1N1?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• sounds really stupid. yeah its not as BAD as people are making it out to be, but its not like chicken pox and even chicken pox i think its ridiculous to do that to your children.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• because you don't get a life long immunity from the normal flu. that would be my guess. i dont really know because i don't plan on having a H1N1 party.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• chicken pox has killed healthy children too btw.
    and the majority of people who die from the flu are infants and elderly (most elderly) same with H1N1 ...and actually, the regular flu has killed more people then H1N1
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Oops I'm sorry it's 100 people die a year from chicken pox (about 50 children and 50 adults). 477 people, 40 were children, have died of H1N1.
    That said, I don't think any parents are having H1N1 parties like people did with the chicken pox. I think it was just someone posting to see what kind of answers they would get.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009