Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so i have a yeast infection and i went to the dr and he gave me a pill to take for it...

and i took it and its been a week and the symptoms have subsided a LITTLE bit its still there... where should i go from here??!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (4)
  • I had a urinary tract infection recently and I went to my health food store and the lady working there told me about this stuff called D-Mannose with cranactin (cranberry)...the brand is Solaray...she said the D-Mannose binds with sugar molecules and 'confuses them'...making it so they don't adhere to your vagina walls or I took ONE capsule...and broke one open and mixed it with water to use to douche with and more urinary tract was like a miracle...I started to get a yeast infection about a week later and it worked for that too...immediately!!! RUN, don't walk, to your local health food store and ask for it...around $20

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • When I do have one I just buy manostat one day treatment (spelling?) and it works great


    Answer by looovemybabies at 2:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • My midwife wrote a script for diflucan (probably what your doctor had you get) and recommended the 3 day monostate (she said the generic brands work just as well). I decided to try a few other things first.
    Take a bath (no bubble bath!) three or four days in a row, with a cup or two of vinegar in the water. This works so well, you won't believe it.
    The other thing my midwife recommended was to take a good probiotic (natural foods store; the best ones are sold refridgerated) and vitamin C together.
    Cranberry supplements (juice has too much sugar and can feed yeast) also work pretty good.
    Simply cutting out sugar, fruit, flour, and yeast (yup, that means bread among many other things) for a couple weeks can get rid of the infection as well.

    Answer by eema.gray at 2:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • At Walmart for less than 6 bucks is a 60 day supply of tablets called AZO Yeast. Take it now, twice a day, and to keep yeast away, take it once a day as a supliment. It's holistic---nothing in it to harm you. (It's a pro-biotic.)
    But if you still have the ichiness, you can get the Equate brand of Monistat a lot cheaper. You can also rub the cream into your whole vulval area for relief, not just insert it into the vagina. Get the 7 day treatemnt. It's only about5 bucks.
    And once you get one, they often come back, so it's not a bad idea to take preventative measures for the future.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
H1N1 parties