Is divorce the answer??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

After I had my baby 4 months ago, well even during my pregnancy I somehow lost feelings for my husband. He gets on my nerves so bad and I can hardly stand to be around him. I love him but I don't feel like I'm in love with him anymore. We argue all the time and we just can't seem to get things right. I can't even stand to go home. My son and I stay at my moms sometimes just to get away from the stress. I am so unhappy and stressed and I can't take it anymore. He says if we split he's taking our baby... Um I think not! Anyone have any advice? I'm desperate for help!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• you need marriage counseling.
    not getting a long is no reason to get a divorce if you haven't really done anything to try to fix it. If you really want to fix it, and if he wants to fix it too, then you will get marriage counseling. If you guys don't want to fix it ...then maybe you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. Marriages take work!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I've been getting counseling(which isn't helping much), he says he doesn't need it cuz he isn't the one with the problem. We were engaged for a year and I started having doubts, then I got pregnant and felt I had to marry him. Now I feel stuck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Well, if he says he doesn't need it and is blaming the problems on you then it sounds like he's not putting much effort into it.
    Then again, i am only getting one side of the story. It's really hard to tell.

With the information you have given, this is what i would do. I would talk to my husband. i would explain my feelings in a calm way. I would then suggest that if counseling continues not to work after X amount of time that filing for a divorce will be the next step. If he doesn't want a divorce then he will help fix whatever the problem is. If he doesn't care then his actions will show it. Same goes for you. Actions speak louder then words. BOTH of you have to make an EQUAL 100% in order for this to work.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Thank you for taking the time to help, I will definately try this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• And let me remind u a judge will decide who gets the baby. Put effort into it. When I feel myself pulling away I force myself to be around my hubby and after a few days I remember why I married him. Make a good attempt at giving ur son a two parent family.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2009