Anyone know how to work a header in MS Word?

I am trying to write a paper in APA and need to put the title of the paper on the left side of the header and the page number on the right side. I have newer windows MS Word and I cannot figure it out! When I go to put the page number in, the title goes away and vice versa. Any help? Paper's due tomorrow.

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 2:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Go to insert and the header tab...select the three column header....put the title one the left side where it should go...delete the middle column...then delete the right column text box. Then go to page number and you will get an option that says CURRENT POSITION...click the plain page number
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• wth, i have the newer version too and i just went and tried it out and it did the same thing..... :( sorry i tried helping i thought i knew how to do it but its doing the same thing to me :/
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• just go to insert, page header, 3rd one from the top. Type your title and space 5 times. Viola!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• by the way...in APA, the title goes on the top right with the page number. Then you exit the header and hit return. Then write on the left side one space down from the header: Running head: TITLE
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• ^^ That's why Chicago is better....or well so says this history major
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• KaceesMom, I'm new to APA, my BA was in English so I am used to MLA, but according to the APA website, the page number goes in the to right corner with the title on the left.

http://flash1r.apa.org/apastyle/basics/data/resources/sample-introduction.pdf
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2009