What was your experience with morning sickness?

I had just had my first experience with "morning sickness"(although really not in the morning). My mouth salivated really bad so I kept swalling. Also I could feel that I was going to puke but wanted so bad to hold it in. I could not, of course. I had just finished a hamburger. I had my usual prenatal. I was drinking water and still hungry so I had some graham crackers. That did it.

I have not been to a doctor yet and have only taken a hpt. It was positive--two dark pink lines. I had doubts but I am doubting it less now...

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first pregnancy, i had morning sickness the ENTIRE 9 months. It was awful. I lived on a diet of ginger, peanut butter and crackers almost. I had morning sickness all day long, every day.
    With this pregnancy, i haven't had any yet. I'm only 2 months, but i would have already been experiencing it full blast by now if this was like the first pregnancy. I'm hoping i dont get it at all.
    Good luck to you! I really hope you don't get bad morning sickness. Or if you do, it doesn't go past your first trimester.
    SandraJo

Answer by SandraJo at 6:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I am nauseous with all my pregnancies and have thrown up with all of them. It lasts, to varying degrees, for all the nine months. I eat small meals all throughout the day ind it is quite manageable. On the plus side, I gain very little weight!! My first was the WORST!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i only had mild nausea during my pregnancy, and it only lasted a few weeks in the first trimester. i only vomited 2 times, and that was because i also had a bad cold and cough and combined with the nausea, it made me puke! gl! i hope you don't get it bad girl
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• With my son i only had morning sickness at 22wks for about a week. With my daughter i had morning sickness from day 1 until i delivered her.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have an exasperated version of morning sickness due to health problems. It last the whole pregnancy. I actually lost 40lbs this pregnancy with my son lol and have only put back on 18lbs which I'm not complaining about. ;) But with my dd I ended up in the hospital a couple times. For me it didn't really matter what I did but drinking peppermint tea was at least soothing. Also make sure you are getting plenty of other fluids, especially if you are throwing up!
    yelli

Answer by yelli at 4:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009