Pregnant on Mirena?

I have 6 month old twin boys and about 2 months after they were born I got on Mirena birth control. An IUD. I only got one period since I have been on it, and just spotting since then. I don't know when to expect periods. I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy just a weird feeling because one of my friends was joking about it with me. I was just wondering if any of you have gotten pregnant while on Mirena or know any one that has. Thanks!

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got my Mirena April 21,2008

I found out Sept 23,2009 I was pregnant that Friday I found out it was ectopic.

I stopped having periods in Jan 09'. So when I all of a sudden got a "period" and bad side pain on Monday the 21st. I didn't know what to think well since the pain never stopped like a period I decided to take a HPT and it was positive. My advice when ever in doubt test! If I didn't test I could have died.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We think I had a miscarriage in Dec. 08 w/ my IUD however we're not sure b/c my hCG levels were down by the time I got to doctor.  Like the previous poster I never had periods so when I started bleeding heavily and hurting I knew something was going on that shouldn't be and considering I have had miscarriages before I knew what was going on... I had the IUD put in around Feb.2007 and removed Jan.09; I became pregnant with my second child 7 months after the removal.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 3:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I never got pregnant on it, but I did have pain and infections all the time...I got rid of it. If you do get pregers on it, when they remove it it usually results in a spontanious abortion anyway.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• my ex husbands nephew was concieved on an IUD, i have one now, and get my periods randomly, sometimes a normal period, and sometimes just very very light spotting....but if your in doubt, get a HPT.....
    aal3407

Answer by aal3407 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2009