is this enough to bring to a baby xshower?

i have never met this woman but i know her friend throwing the shower. she said she wants hand me downs too cause they dont have anything are young and this is their first baby. i cleaned up my umbrella stroller we dont use anymore and im giving her that, inside of it im putting a winnie the pooh wipes travel case, a&d ointment since i always used that and suggest it for the baby butts, a cute bib that has a rhino dressed in camo and it says built like a tank (we are all army wives)...do you think this is enough being that technically i did not buy her this stroller...the stroller is used (year old, good condition but still used) this is my first time meeting a few of these moms, most from cafemom since im new to wiesbaden,germany so i want to make a good impression but im not rich and we are stil buying stuff for the new apt

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• that should be fine....i went to target the other day to get some baby outfits for my neighbors baby shower and i got outfits for like a dollar there i didnt get her much either cuz i cant afford that much right now either
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 3:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• well i talked to the friend throwing it cause i dont know this woman. and most ppl are just bringing hand me down stuff cause she doesnt care, she just needs stuff and she needs eerthing. so i figured a nice umbrella stroller would be good but i was afraid that was not enough to i added few smallt hings.
    i was debating grabbing maybe a pack of diapers to throw in their with the the other things
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I always throw in a little pack of diapers or wipes. I tend to get bottles for people to be honest. I noticed all my friends were getting all this cool stuff but no one bought them a single bottle. So I just go and get them like 20 bucks worth of bottles. Then either the wipes or diapers.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• yeah thats fine...if she's okay with hand me downs. i think she will be happy=)
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 9:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think she'll be tickled. She did say hand me downs are fine. She may like it better than one someone would have bought!
    bertie4

Answer by bertie4 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think it sounds like a very thoughtful gift and it's very nice that you are going and giving a gift since you don't know her.

When I was pregnant with my son, a lady who had a 2 year old boy 5 houses down from me brought me 2 bags of hand me downs. Her husband works with my husband, but we don't know each other at all and I thought it was very nice of her. I even sent her a thank you note.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• That will be fine. You are giving her things that she will need and thats all that matters. My grandma got me a used stroller from a therift store for when i travel because i dont want my good one to get messed up and break on the plane and i dont care it looks like crap to haha. But i got ALOT of used things at my shower and i was so greatfull for it. That was so much stuff that i didnt need to buy. Im an army wife and i know how moving to a new place can make things hard with money. But that would be great.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I had a friend from work who has a daughter that is about 6 months older than my daughter. So, when I had my daughter, I got two garbage bags full of used clothes, most of them very gently since her daughter grew pretty quickly. I was so excited to have gotten anything for her, that I actually cried. A stroller is no small thing either. Even the little umbrella one run about $40 or so if I am not mistaken. So you are giving her something she will use that she needs. She said she wanted hand me downs. And you are potentially saving her $40. Then throw in the little things you got for her, I think you are being very generous. There were people at my shower that didn't bring gifts, and that was perfectly acceptable too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Perfect and very well thought out! I loved getting the useful things. I think its nice you are going to the shower. Have fun and meet lots of nice people!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think you did great. I love the bib, it fits the life you all are living.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009