What's your opinion about long distance relationships?

I think they are pointless... unless you have some plan to be with this person and you have already established a relationship before they left.

My guy friend just asked me about it and I have already made it clear that I wouldn't move and so did he.

What's the effin point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was with a guy for 2 years when he moved to Canada to play hockey. We stayed together as long as we could but eventually it just didn't work anymore. Unless you have plans to move together at some point I really don't see the point in it either.
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 3:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I was with someone for three years during high school. Biggest mistake of my life. I can never get those years back and he was so controlling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I guess thats a good point. at first I was going to say yes they can work, after dating two years my boyfriend (now DH) moved to a town 3 hours away, and we stayed together for the 9 months he was gone, but our relationship had already been pretty well established and we knew he was going to be moving back after the 9 months. And now hes in the army so every other year is a long distance relationship. So I guess it really depends on the people. Im sure there are people who can make it work, and some that can. It really all depends on the individual people involved.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'm sure there are people who can make it work, and some that cant *

sorry bout that

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If neither partner plans to re-locate, then yes it is pointless, but some long distant relationships can and do work out. 

I became involved with a man who lived in England while I was living in Canada.  I moved to the UK and married him.  We have been happily married for 21 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If one or the other person is not willing to relocate then there really is NO POINT. I was in one for 2 yrs we got married and I moved and we r both fine. Some work but some dont and they are A LOT of work.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Temporary is one thing...but I don't see how it can work on a permanent basis. I don't know how military wives do it...do you always wonder...what is he doing? Do you ever get so lonely that you break down and cheat? I don't know how you all do it to be honest.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009