When did you give your baby juice?

I went to one of my husband's ex girlfriend's house and she had more bottles with a couple of drops left of juice than half full ones of formula. Her daughter is two months old.

I thought you were supposed to wait.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pediatrician says nothing but breast milk (or formula if you bottle feed) before 6 months old. He says it's ok to start baby food solids any time after 4 months, but no juice until 6 months. My 2nd baby was a year old before he ever had juice. It's really just a treat and not anything they need.

2 months is way too young.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I started at like 8 mos! I figured she didn't need it and I was already having a hard enough time trying to get her to take her bottle at 8 mos that I wasn't about to keep giving her juice! She got it once a week. Plus I never put it in her bottle, I put it in a sippy. But each parent is different!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree that 2 months is WAY too early. Rule of thumb: nothing other then breast milk or formula for at least the first 6 mos. Personally, I think juice can wait even longer, but if YOU were going to give your kid juice at 6-7 months, I wouldn't think there was anything wrong with it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i only give dilluted juice when dd has hard poops. she is 7 months and has had juice twice. not bottle fulls though :/
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We don't usually give our babies juice. Maybe when they are older kids but really, it's empty sugar calories. There is VERY little nutrition in it...it causes cavities and kids are much better of with a glass of water and a piece of fruit. :-)
    preparedforrain

Answer by preparedforrain at 9:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I was told my daughter could have juice at 3 months. That I shouldn't really be giving her juice be fore then.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I was told by my ped..6 months. However, my son has had very diluted prune juice for constipation issues at 4 months.
    Starfishsea

Answer by Starfishsea at 6:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2009