What's the difference between a Christian and a Seventh Day Adventist?

This is another church I have heard called a cult. I would like to know the truth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I grew up in a SDA church. They have their faults just like any other religion but as a general they are just christians thinking they have the truth. I think If you put Jesus our savior first in life and his word (the bible ) Ask for the holy spirit to guide you. I think its amazing the veiw of life changes amazingly, don't be to concerned about all the different religions there is right and wrong in all of them. Just look to Jesus and what hes done for us, and his amazing LOVE.
    mommareee

Answer by mommareee at 11:18 PM on Oct. 19, 2009

• Christians are people who seek Jesus in all things. Some Christians can be found in the the SDA church.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Seventh Day Adventists are a Branch of Christians. Anyone who believes that Jesus is their lord and savior and that he died for your sins is known as a Christian.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Seventh Day Adventists are similar to Jehovah Witnesses. Both religions teach what I call death. These two religions say that when a Christian dies they know nothing; hence, the death doctrine. Thier teaching is against the life in Christ a person can have when they become a Chrisian. Christians die to the flesh and live by the spirit. The spirit does not die. We are hid with Christ, where we will go after this physical world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• adventist.org/beliefs/ If they believe in Jesus death & rising again and are saved THEY are Christian just a different worship differently. Jesus is the one who never changes in a universe that always does. Jesus is Creator, Sustainer, Savior, Friend, God's Son, and God Himself! I believe in the trinity Jesus, GOD, & Holy spirit.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Well I have heard that they are very legalistic and that they take hurting the temple of god very seriouse. They teach agianst eating meat and anything not healthy for you. I have heard that some don't even allow their kids candy ever. I mean it has no nourishment. Also they have a prophet, I don't know why god needed to send another prophet I mean we had jesus and he said stuff very clearly then the disciples.
    Anonymous

• Also they teach agianst the wearring of jewellery which has no biblical reference. Why would god care if we wore jewellery anyway? Also no fantasy stories, cause those hurt the temple of god as well. So why not get bottled air? cause the air we breathe is full of toxins and pollution, which is harmful to the body. Just putting it out there.
    Anonymous