Will I go to hell for going to church on the wrong day?

If I get the day wrong will I go to hell? Biblical evidence for or agianst please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Paul wrote to the Romans that we should not worry about what day is more holy, or what day other people think is more holy.

"In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. Each person should have a personal conviction about this matter. So why do you condemn another Christian [fn]? Why do you look down on another Christian? Remember, each of us will stand personally before the judgment seat of God." Romans 14.

We will not be sent to hell for what day we consider holy. We will only be sent there if we do not have a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes. If you go on Mondays then the pastor will give you hell. Oh..you said go to hell. Nevermind...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you go the Catholic church, you can go everyday! :o)

Seriously though, I've never heard of going to church on the wrong day.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• There is never a "wrong" day to go to church.
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 8:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• No, it is stupid to judge you for something so trivial. At least you are going. The Bible never uses the word Sunday.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• no. the early Christians continued to meet on the Sabbath for a while after Jesus ascended prolly out of convenience. i mean if the Jewish culture met on that day, it would make it easier for everyone to stick w/ the Sabbath customs. in Acts it says that Paul went to the synagogue on the Sabbath (13:13-14, 16:13, 17:2). but sometime after that Christians started meeting on Sundays (or perhaps Mondays as it just says the first day of the week). this is shown in Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2. and in Acts 2:46 says that the church in Jerusalem met everyday.

on top of all that haha, there are some verses that kinda show that it doesnt matter WHAT day you worship...so long as you worship. Romans 14:5-6, Colossians 2:16-17, & Galatians 4:8-10 cover a lot. in Colossians it says to not judge someone based on the Sabbath day, so if Christians arent suppose to judge others about it i would assume God wouldnt either...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• With the recession taking its toll on churches (donations down, churches closing, etc), I'm sure just HAVING you there--ANY DAY--would be cause for rejoicing! LOL!

I don't recall the part in the bible where it says you actually have to step foot in a building to go to church and worship the christian god... then again, I don't recall a lot of biblical things ~ unless you want to talk about the 2 sisters who got their dad drunk &....well...............yeah. :p
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 10:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• No as long as you set one day aside for GOD it really doesn't matter what day. Even if you never went to church as long as your saved you would still get into heaven. (saved ask Jesus into your heart/life, forgiveness of sins) I believe Christians go to church so they can be held accountable for their actions & to have fellowship with other Christians. I personally go to church, but where ever two or more are gathered in his name he(GOD) is there. So I believe the church is the followers of Christ NOT a building.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• No, as long as you accept Jesus Christ as your personal saviour, you will not go to hell for anything.
    Nothing else matters other than being saved.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• There's a wrong day to go to church? I used to go to Mass daily so I don't think there is a right or wrong day to go.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009