Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do I call?

I am nursing my twins. I need find out if its okay to take some medications. Should I call my children's pediatrician or my OB?

Answer Question

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 5:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • your childrens pediatrician.

    Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • They would both know. I used to call my midwife when I had any questions about bf and medication.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • Call the pharmacy, they will get you info quicker. Or look it up yourself on or

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • Pharmacy :o)

    Answer by Rachael at 10:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • I don't know if its just the pharmacies around here, but as soon as they find out I'm either pregnant or nursing, they won't help me. And the one time I was in Ohio and a pharmacy told me I could take Alieve, my baby (my oldest) puked up her guts until it was out of my system.

    Answer by proud2Bmomma at 10:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • Sounds like you have horrible pharmacists! That's always who I used to ask, and if they didn't know, they look in their book to see if it's compatible with nursing/pregnancy, then tell me what it says.

    But either one should be able to tell you, probably your OB would be better to ask since it's you taking the meds.

    Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.