How clean is your house? WOW- WOW- WOW!

Have any of you seen this??
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=AB&Date=20090625&Category=ENT&ArtNo=906250805&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

Clickable link below - this was the winner of The Country's Messiest House Makeover! The first pic I saw was of the kitchen and immediately I thought - No - way - they staged that to win the makeover - BOY WAS I WRONG!

Links below (one of pictures of before and after) (the other of the show's promo - OMG wait till you see the basement!!!!)

Guess what I'm doing today??

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 7:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's just sad. I have been in houses that looked close to that over the years but mine has never looked like that. I clean as I go, the dishes are always done, there's no clutter, the laundry is put away as soon as it gets out of the dryer, we clean the bathroom as we use it (wipe the toilet down several times a day w/Clorox wipes, keep toilet cleaner tablets in the toilet to keep the bowl clean, wipe the sink down with Clorox wipes as we use it, last person to shower at night cleans it, etc.), the beds are made every morning, etc.. How can someone LET their house get that nasty? And the poor kids, who'd want friends to come over living in a house like that?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Promo for the show.... when they get to the basement - watch the reaction on their faces.... http://www.mystyle.com/mystyle/shows/messiesthome/index.jsp

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Oh, yeah, watch the third promo - the one with the blond woman.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• wow that really is sad. luckily for me i clean everyday and i do mean everyday. i do my dishes in the morning. vaccum after my husband leaves for work after pt and breakfast. mop in the evenings when kids are in bed. wash clouths saturday and sunday. clean the counters daily. i hate hate hate ahving a messy house. i will actually wake up in the middle of the night to clean something thats really buggin me.
    the way i look at it is, i want my kids to be clean and live in a clean environment. im not one of those crayz ppl who never spends time with her kids b/c shes cleaning. but i do make sure our house is in order...
    plus you never know when your husbands commanders comeing by.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Its clean.....

Not Spotless of course..but i clean daily :)
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My house is a 100 times cleaner then that . GROSS!!! My house is not spotless, I do not dust or vacum daily. But I do throw things away when they need to be thrown away.

Answer by louise2 at 7:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I LOVE TO WATH THOSE SHOWS. THEY HELP ME TO KEEP ON CLEANING.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 8:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If anyone recently has been house shopping, I'm sure you would find this to be the norm now. And it doesn't matter if the house is foreclosing or just up for sale, I looked for a house for 7 months in the metro Atlanta (considered) area and found ONE that was inhabitable. People today are just sick and nasty. Let me say that again, sick and nasty. Now, I'm looking for another house for my MIL and guess what, 4 more months of completely disgusting residences I wouldn't let my dog take a crap in. I have yet to find another house that doesn't reek of animal urine or feces, is clean, or has a decent yard. People are sick and nasty. And price didn't matter, the nastiest house was up for sale for almost a half million. Nasty.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• wow even on my worse days my house never looks like them. And yeah we went house hunting too walked into a house where they claimed their dogs were older and let them urinate and poo everywhere in the house. Gross.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My house is clean, but not as clean as I'd like it... I need to deep clean the carpets AGAIN... and mop and dust and...ugh!!
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 10:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2009