no more swaddle..

I am so sick of getting up every hour to re-swaddle my 4 mo old son b/c he keeps finding ways out of it. is there a way i can teach him to sleep w/o being swaddled? and j/so you all know i am against letting him "cry it out".

T8rsWife

Asked by T8rsWife at 7:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hes too damn young to let him cry it out... they have blankets at walmart ment for swaddling. and if he keeps coming out of them how about teaching him to sleep w/o it? he will have to learn sometimes. put blanket sleepers on him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I son is a squarmer too, this is how I do it I first lay the blanket out the lay him on his belly in the blanket that way the back of the blanket is on his chest then I swaddle his backwards and lay him on the two ends so his weight will keep it from coming open. and he dont move all night. Also I have the wedges that he sleeps between so he cant roll out of it.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You might want to try and swaddle him then out him in one of the Wedges that help position babies. The wedge might provide a little more structure so he can't wiggle out. If so try to just cover him up with the blanket, like from the waist down? I can't remember when I stopped swaddling my daughter. I just quit when she didn't stay in it but she wasn't a big wiggler.
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• those wedges didnt work for us...my dd could roll over them WHILE swaddled at 5 months.
    you just have to rock her to sleep, unswaddled. hold her arms at her sides then lie her down still holding her hands for afew minutes.
    she will have afew nights of waking up frequently, then shell forget about it!
    hope that helps
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Thanks Yall. to reply back to some of yall, my son has learnd not only to get out of his swaddle but to also get past sleep wedges while swaddled. I have sleep sacks (wearable blankets) that i will start using to keep him warm now that its getting colder. i appreciate all your replys and would like to hear more ideas. thank you.
    T8rsWife

Answer by T8rsWife at 9:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• have your baby sleep in his carseat...my baby would constantly wake up, then one night i put him the carseat and he has been sleeping there ever since...i think it is cozy place for him
    Anonymous