remedies for UTI

other than going to the dr. (no health insurance) are there any home remedies for getting rid of a urinary tract infection???? i get them frequently & have seen a uriologist & he just said i'm prone to them even though i do keep myself extremely clean becuase i'm always afraid i'll get a uti. i also pee before & after sex to try to prevent them as well. thanks for any tips or remedies to get rid of it

beachmom0703

Asked by beachmom0703 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Health

• AZO standards.. and cranberry juice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i drink tons of Cranberry juice.

i get UTIs that if if i dont treat either with cranberry juice or going to the DR they turn into Kidney infections and Ive spent time in the hospital becaue they have gotten so bad.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Cranberry supplements are better than the juice...there is too much natural sweetener that can aggravate the UTI
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• u need azo standards u buy them at the store. with all the HBA crap.. the vitamins headache meds etc. just ask someone that works there and im sure they will help you. they are ment for UTI. and then some cranberry juice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• AZO works for the pain, but Cystex has an antibacterial in it that will actually help to clear the infection. I'm prone to them too, and I take Cystex at the very first sign of burning. It will usually stop an infection before it starts. Also I will take it after a lot of sex to prevent an infection. If I already have an infection, I take two pills every couple of hours until it clears. And I always take cranberry softgels every day.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=15928&catid=11647

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?xs=B07C35577A7B4C51BD427755E5C0F1F1&PID=1408&CID=13&CPID=2585

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Lots of water
    no caffeine
    no alcohol
    take cranberry capsules
    no spicey foods

Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2009