Have you heard of "Ragdoll Cats" the breed? Do you own one? What did you pay?

A girlfriend recently introduced a new breed of cat to me, a Ragdoll. They are huge lazy cats with very mild temperment and beautiful markings. She says, she got lucky getting hers for $1000, which shocked me. But, I'd love to have one, just curious if anyone found one cheaper and what yours looks like.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 8:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pets

• Google Ragdoll Rescue This was just one of several

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IL297.html
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• J, Ragdolls are awesome. They really are beautiful. thanks to the above poster for providing the link for the rescues--please, please get a rescue instead of paying a breeder!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• THANKYOU THANKYOU I am checking that out maybe tomorrow morning. woohoo!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• A friend of mine raises them. They are beautiful. Maine Coon cats are also large, beautiful and laid back, but don't come quite so expensive.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• J, I may be contacting your friend in the future if something doesn't work out. Is that ok?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I am sure the quints have Ragdoll in the bloodline. It is most evident in Will, and he definitely has the personality that is considered a standard for the breed, as well as the body shape and the monster feet. You may not remember him from Clubmom, but there should be at least one shot of Will on my page somewhere.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 12:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2009