what are the chances

I justhad a baby aug 11th and im breastfeeding. I started on birth contol about a month ago but me and daddy did sleep together before i started. Now i have heard that you sometimes dont get a period when you breastfeed and I was wondering if its still possible to get get pregant again. Im olny asking cuz im on the week were normally i would have a peiod but i dont and I dont know if its becasue im breastfeeding or if im pregant again?

tristinsmommy

Asked by tristinsmommy at 8:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its prob the breastfeeding... if ur so worried take a test. we can not tell you.. it could be both
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• yep you are very fertile after you have a baby, its a 50/50 chance here. I would just get a test to check. But I feel like you are pregnant. let me know. You shouldve been a tad bit more careful, lol. Good luck.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• u feel she is pregnant? and how the hell is that? u dont know this woman to say something like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I didn't have a period for almost 9 months after by child was born. If you're that worried, then maybe you should go by a pregnancy test, or go see your Obgyn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Okay you are only more fertile right after delivery if you ARE NOT nursing. Since you are nursing AND on birth control I would bet it is only the period not returning because of nursing. Mine did not come back until my kids were about 14 months old both times and we used no birth control and didn't get pregnant until 2-3 cycles after it returned. I would however recommend taking a test if you are that worried about it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i was only BF for 2 weeks and my son is now 4 months old. I have had one period 2 months ago but im not pregnant again. It takes a while for your hormones to get on track and get a regular cycle again. But if it worries you then you can go in and get a blood test to be on the safe side.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2009