Loose bedding in crib?

My son's room gets a little chilly, and we have been dressing him in warm footed sleepers and sleep sacks. He's 10 months old now, and we haven't been putting any loose bedding in his crib because of the SIDS association. Should we, now that he is not at as much risk for SIDS/overheating? For the record I do not mean a receiving blanket because he is 10 months-too old for that. I am talking about a blanket to help keep him warm. I can't tuck it in because he rolls and sits all over the place and it will become untucked probably, but I don't want him to get cold. Do you think I should wait til after he turns a year? Or should I do it now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't start using blankets until a year.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I put a medium weight blanket over my 7 month old. I dont tuck for the same reason...
    I think as long as the blanket isnt heavy, and breathes a little, it's fine.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2009