Does anyone know if I make homemade chicken and dumpling soup for dinner if I can freeze the left overs soup?

I am making it one day this week and we always have left overs when it comes to that soup that is the one thing I make enough of for an army lol I cannot make it in small amounts so I always make a big pot of it and end up having it for like the next 3 days lol so can I freeze the left overs and keep it for another meal rather than having it for 3 days in a row?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• YES! And if you freeze it in a double seal Ziploc bag (lay it flat to freeze), it'll thaw in cool water in the sink in no time flat! Make sure when you reheat chicken and dumplings that you add a little chicken broth -- I find it makes it a little thinner and easier to cook and eat, plus it adds flavor.
    CoffeeOrDeath

Answer by CoffeeOrDeath at 1:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yep - I used to make chicken and dumplings every year and packaged up enough for Grandma to have it once a month all winter long - she loved it. Just make sure it's air tight.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2009