Can someone talk me out of this?

I'm starting to think I want to go over and see my ex tonight, I'm so lonely. He wasn't very good to me and once I got over him I felt so much better. We still talk on the phone occasionally, as friends, but I'm just feeling lonely knowing I will be alone yet again this weekend, and I know he would let me come over in a heartbeat. Someone talk me out of this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• its not a matter of us talking you out if this. if you know he is bad then why are you going to put yourself in a situation where you could be mistreated AGAIN! that would be your own stupidity. if he is no good, then dont go! none of us here can talk you out of it and make you not go, thats YOUR choice! just stay away, go see a movie or something or have an at home spa day!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• DON'T DO IT! Take out a piece of paper and write down every reason why he is your EX and every shitty thing he has ever said to you. Think about how that made you feel then ask yourself why you would want to feel like that EVER AGAIN.
    I'm sorry you're lonely and feeling bad...I went through the same thing. I was always tempted to "visit" my ex, and once I did. BIG MISTAKE. Please be smarter than me.
    You can (and WILL) do better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Why dont you go out with a friend and find a better guy? More fun and exciting. Or maybe you dont want to go with a friend. Call you sister or mom and they might go?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• There is a reason the ppl from our past dont make it into our future :) GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• * OP*Thanks for all the positive answers, I just need reminding sometimes, it is hard when you are single and lonely, it's hard to remember the bad things he did to me when the lonliness threatens you. My friend and I are going to a ballgame tonight, so that will keep me occupied!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Oh wow, today might be lonely but tomorrow would even worse if you went over there. Deal with just one issue at a time. Going back into a not-so-great mess just creates more issues and sets you back big time. I speak from experience!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• DONT DO IT...... then end result is NEVER good
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Just remember.. they are an EX for a reason... Glad you made plans with your friend..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Make a copy of that divorce decreed and hang it somewhere you see it when you get lonely. It will remind you of the bad times.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• good for you for knowing this is bad for you and asking for reminders
    stand your ground
    you know that a booty call will not be better for you
    it is like an addiction, quick fix or pick me up, but then you have a huge drop off and well you know
    you are a strong woman for knowing this is not good for you
    i agree about remembering why you two are not together, after leaving sometimes especially when lonely you do not remember those reasons so quickly

find the humor in the feeling of wanting to be with him when you are lonely
    reaching out to a friend to go to game=great for you

have a blast!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009