has your child ever believed in santa or when did they stop believing in santa?

Just wondering I mean my kids are still little and stuff so they still believe and I will continue to let them believe as long as they do or want. But I see a lot of people going christmas shopping anymore with there kids right there with them looks like they are 3 or 5 or even 8 years old. DOesn't anyone's kids believe santa anymore? How old was your child when they stopped and did you tell them or did they find out on there own?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids still believe in Santa, 8,9,11. I'm 34. I still believe in Santa.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I don't really remember when I told my son there was no Santa. My daughter is 10 and I told her, but she doesn't believe me lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My first two do and they are 7 and 4. My DD is too young yet. Check out this site .....

http://www.llerrah.com/truemeaningofchristmas.htm 

I think that is a good way to use Santa.

I found out from other kids in first grade about Santa and I was not devastated.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• They beleived for a long time, I think they were about 8 or 9 years old when they gaught me putting gifts under the tree, and I had no choice but to come clean. Those years of their innocence were awesome, and I am just sorry they caught me in the act.

Answer by older at 9:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Maybe those people are shopping for other children, not their own. And we took our kids with us until they were 3 or 4 because we had no choice. We shopped early enough that they forgot what we had bought by Christmas time.
    My kids still believe as far as I know. My older two (9 and 8 years old) realized the Easter bunny wasn't real earlier this year so, I'm assuming, they will figure out Santa isn't real either. I've never made a big deal of it and Santa uses the same wrapping paper as Mommy and Papa, lol. I don't really hide that I'm Santa. My almost 7yo and my 3yo believe 100% and get really made if you even mention those figures aren't real. The kids argue over it all the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My son is only 4 months right now so i have a while before he stops beliving in santa but my grandma killed it for me. She told me when i was 5. A few years back we told one of my cousins she was 11 at the time that there was no santa and we got her in on a thing we were going to do for the kids. My dad dressed up as santa and whenwe took the kids in my room for beed my dad went on the roof and hit it with a hammer so it would sound like raindeer then he went into the living room and started putting things under the tree and in the stockings. My one cousin freeked out and the little boy we had to stop from running over to him haha. It was alot of fun though. Now they all know that hes not real. But those were some good memories.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Whyat do you mean, Santa is REAL!!!!!

sleigh

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• When my son was young we didn't have much money. I didn't want him to think he wasn't getting piles of presents because he wasn't good. I wanted him to know that all the presents came from us. We told him there was no Santa and that he was just make believe. All 3 of my children have always known there is no Santa.

They liked knowing the truth. The only bad thing that happened is when they would be at the age when they wanted to tell all the other kids there was no Santa. My youngest called him the Fraud. They still had their picture taken with Santa and watched Christmas movies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• my daughter's 5 1/2 and she still believe in Santa. So, do I and I'm in my mid-40's. Santa is someone that's in all of us, is my believe. Santa is someone that gives us things that we want and hope for, things we will never receive on our own. Santa is not about toys, it's about gift giving and special things. I'll always believe in Santa and still do. Even with times tough Santa is in my heart all the time.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 10:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My kids all still believe in Santa. My oldest is 7. I think I was in 4th grade when my parents broke the news to me.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2009