Exercising in winter

I am desperate for some tips on how to keep my weight loss going into the colder months. I've been really successful this summer - lost 30 lbs since May - but its been from walking for about 45 minutes every day. We live in MT, so its about to get pretty cold here, and wet, and un-pleasant to walk outside. Does anyone have some exercises that are good for inside? I think the reason I was so successful with the walking is because it was something I could just pop my toddler in his stroller and do, without waiting for a "good time" or free time to myself. Is there such a thing as far as exercises for indoors? I can't think of a thing my son would be able to do WITH me...

Iskkra

Asked by Iskkra at 9:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I use work out videos lol. I just dance all over the house and kids have fun with it also. If he can sit long enough you can do situps kinda as a peek a boo thing have him sitting on the couch and do your situps in front of him and every time you come up try to tickle him. I used to do that with my cousin. He had a blast with it. That or he would be laying down and i would do pushups over them and blow on their tummy. They would laugh and laugh. They had so much fun with it and i got a work out lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Are there any large malls where you can walk? In chicago, there are several that have early hours for "walkers"

Answer by rkoloms at 10:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have my treadmill..love it!When I cant get out and run my 5 miles in the winter,I will run on my treadmill.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• videos for sure. i have carmen electra strip tease ones. theyre great! also, i have time warner cable and they have free "excersise tv" channels. with routines for begg. to advanced. i use this when the wheather is bad or when im bored with my usualy routine. keep goin' strong!!! :)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 5:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• -Keep trying to get outside. Bundle up and have at it! You'll be warmer than you think! I run outside year round and enjoy it.

-Join a gym or exercise class.

-Work out videos.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 9:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I love the Turbo Jam workouts and can do them right in my living room. I do them year round, plus add in walking and jogging when the weather is mild enough. Just do them when your child is napping or watching a little bit of TV. You can definitely keep up the good work all winter long with just a little bit of planning. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2009