Has anyone ever flown with a physically disable person?

I will be taking my grown son who has cerebral palsy to Denver. He uses a wheelchair and a walker. I am not sure if we load the walker or not. And is it better to use the wheelchair at the airport?
Thank you

evelyngayle

Asked by evelyngayle at 9:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Shopping

• Duhhhx33 - seriously?

I would call the airline to find out for sure. Whichever one you use at the airport, you should be able to gate check, though. My in-laws and I have travelled with my husband's grandmother who can walk short distances, but needs a chair for longer or rushed walking. We used the wheelchairs that they have at the airport. When they came to our house for Thanksgiving, I went to a medical supply place and explained the situation and they let me rent one for a week for $25 while she was here. So you might consider doing something like that for ease of travel. See if someone in Denver knows someone they can borrow one from or a medical supply place that will rent one out for you.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Take the wheel chair with you to the terminal. When you get to baggage check in you will get a tag that will go on the chair when they board it. They will let you board first and will put his wheel chair under the plane when you board. It will be waiting outside the door of the plane when you land. I flew with my daughter in a stroller many times and they made it very easy. You will get lots of help! GL:)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You can also call the airline and see what they do if different
    Steph319