HELP! Fears of morning sickness!

My husband and i are TTC!!!! Which we are thrilled about, but im totally freaked out about the morning sickness. i have heard so many horror stories about women being so sick all day long and continously throwing up for the whole 9 mths. My mom was one of them and she also has low blood sugar which made it worse. I also have low blood sugar and IBS! This freaks me out, plus i need to be able to continue to work! I know everyone is diff. and that it will be more than worth it at the end but this still freaks me out! any comforting thoughts?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had 6 pregnancies and never threw up. I had some problems with low blood sugar in the evenings if I didn't remember to snack. I had ulcers and spastic colon since I was a child and they could be treated while pregnant.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I managed to keep working through morning sickness. I had the extreme kind for 4 - 5 months with both pregnancies. I threw up every 20 - 30 minutes around the clock for the first 4 months of my first pregnancy not realizing I could be taking something to help with it. With my second pregnancy, I ended up taking 3 different medication to ease the m/s, and I only threw up about 10 times a day. It wasn't fun or easy, but I adjusted and worked full-time through both pregnancies. I guess this is not all that comforting, but I just wanted to let you know you can survive it and continue to work. When you do get pregnant and first begin to feel sick start asking your doctor for help - it was much more manageable with the medications than without. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I had all-day morning sickness for the first 18 weeks and the last 5 weeks, but I never threw up. I came close when brushing my teeth everyday, but never actually did. It sucked, but you get through it and you get used to it.

Ginger Ale always seemed to work. I tried the motion sickness bracelets and those helped someone. They have preggo pops to help with sickness, but just the thought of those made me sick...LOL! Maybe they'll work for you!

Try eating and drinking something before even getting out of bed. Keep some ginger ale and crackers on the side of your bed. I guess that's supposed to work. I didn't hear that until after my son was born so i'll be trying that next time!
    Anonymous

• i never got sick. i had one day of nausia, threw up and it was over.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2009