HELP! Fears of morning sickness!

My husband and i are TTC!!!! Which we are thrilled about, but im totally freaked out about the morning sickness. i have heard so many horror stories about women being so sick all day long and continously throwing up for the whole 9 mths. My mom was one of them and she also has low blood sugar which made it worse. I also have low blood sugar and IBS! This freaks me out, plus i need to be able to continue to work! I know everyone is diff. and that it will be more than worth it at the end but this still freaks me out! any comforting thoughts?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Morning sickness can be associated with blood sugar. If you can stay on top of that then it will really help.
    And EVERY person is different~ your mother's pregnancy will not be your own. There are tips and strategies to help. Try not to let it overcome you, there is help when/IF you find yourself this ill.

Best wishes, hun!! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My mom had terrible morning sickness with my older sister but not with me or my oldest sister. I personally was very lucky and had none while my sis did with one and none with the other. Every single pregnancy is different even your own. I would have rather had morning sickness then the huge kidney stones i had the last 2 months. Seriously though I dont remember the pain of pregnancy whenever i hold my DD. Youll get through it just fine. Read up on tips to help your morning sickness too so youre prepared just in case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• when having my first lion, i had HORRRRRRRRRIBLLLEEEE morning sickness in which my kidneys leaked out of me and then i threw up my throat.
    duhhhx33

Answer by duhhhx33 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Morning sickness for me last time was very bad. That being said, since mine was so horrible...the usual tricks did nothing for me at all. You know, eat every six hours, eat protein, wrist bands, acupressure, gingerale, crackers. Nil. Sooo... to make this answer comforting like you wanted, I will tell you the things that helped even my super horrible morning sickness so you know what you can do that the books might not say. First, those commercial preggy pop things or queasy drops are awesome. I'm using them this time around. I'm not as queasy now as with my first, but enough to feel blah all day...and they are working for me. Stock up. Also, exercise, even if you don't feel like doing it... can help. Something about it metabolizes the hormones and better regulates them so they don't cause as much of a problem. If you don't walk now..start so you are used to it. Also...ginger altoids. They're curiously strong...and it's good.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different, I was terribly sick all the way through my first pregnancy, and not at all with my second--just some heartburn, so just because your mother was, doesn't mean you will be. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Even it you do get overly sick, they have better ways to handle these things now. When your mother was pregnant with you about the only thing they could do was tell her to eat crackers and deal with it. Not particularly helpful. The thing to remember is, even though you hear about the horrible cases, there are millions of babies born whose mother's NEVER had a bit of morning sickness.
    Anonymous

• i had morning sickness for the first 5 1/2 months of my pregnancy it really helped me to suck on lemons and/or drink lemonade...first thing in the morning BEFORE you even get out of bed keep a light snack like crackers or a nutrigrain bar by your bed and eat it before you get up this will help a lot
    TaiZombie

Answer by TaiZombie at 6:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2009