Oh No my daughter wants to be Hannah Montana for Halloween!

I asked my 6 yo dd what she thought she wanted to be for Halloween and she said her friends are going as Hannah Montana and that's what she wants to be too. There is nothing wrong with Hannah I guess, we watch her show sometimes, but I was hoping she would want to be something a little more creative is all.

Should I suggest something else to her, or let it be? Also a side question, has your child ever wanted to dress up for something for Halloween you weren't exactly thrilled with either?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well my daughter changes her mind every 3 seconds! lol I think you are right, Ms. Montana isnt that bad, you should let her. Can you let her be HM AND do something creative like paint music notes on her face and decorate her trick-or-treat bag Hannah Montana style? Got a microphone?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would let her dress up as Hannah Montana.It's about her having fun,not about what you want .Right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Let her be what she wants to be, she's the one wearing the costume, not you lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Funny you say that.. Ive got a picture on my computer from last year.. It's of my then 11 year old little sister who was doing a performance during a pageant. (She was the reigning "whatever it was" and was there to turn over her crown to the new one) but she chose to dress up as Hannah Montana and perform one of her songs and dances. So my mom helped her pick and outfit and dress up as her for that little show. So I had to pull it up and look at it when you asked your question. lol
    I say just let her do it and enjoy herself with her friends. She will have more fun that way than having to be something she really doesnt want to be.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Maybe try suggesting she be something different but if that is what she really wants to be, I say let her go with it. She might change her mind anyway. My son, EVERY year wants to be the Scream ghost. I try telling him that is an old costume and he should be something new and scary but he insists so we may be buying a Scream mask yet again!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My son goes through about 15 costume ideas every year. Literally. I have to tell him that he has to decide by a certain point or we won't be able to do it. However, there when he was 5, he was Darth Vader...cool. When he was 6, he wanted to be Darth Vader......when he was 7, he wanted to be Darth Vader. He only was the first year because he found something else that caught his eye. And this year, when I asked him what he wanted to be, I was so surprised he didn't say Darth Vader! Take her to look at costumes if you are planning on buying one, and see if anything else jumps out at her. Then, if not, she is Hannah Montana. The only reason I say take her is because if she settles on Hannah because her friends are and then later sees a girl in a really pretty butterfly costume that she didn't know existed, she might be upset about it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• its about her having fun. let her pick what she wants. damn! stop controlling kids decisions , its not like she chose something where theres blood and guts everywhere!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Sweet Nibblets! lol,,,let her get it out of her system!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009