♥WHAT AGE DID YOU OR WOULD YOU PUT YOUR CHILD INTO DAYCARE♥

MY DAUGHTER WILL BE 1 THIS SATURDAY...JUNE 28TH AND IM PLANNING ON GETTIN HER INTO DAYCARE BY SEPTEMBER CUZ I NEEEEED TO WORK FULLTIME. I HATE HAVING NO MONEY THEREFORE CAN'T DO WHAT I REALLY WANT TO DO :0( IM JUST SCARRED CUZ SHE'S HAD HEART SURGERY AND IS DOING REALLY WELL BUT SHE'S NOT 100% HEALTHY U KNOW. I JSUT GET SO SCARED OF DAYCARES AND I FEEL LIKE THEY'RE SO DIRTY :0(

MichelleR05

Asked by MichelleR05 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You really have to do some research and find a center that you are happy with. It took me quite awhile to find my daughter's when she went to daycare/preschool. I checked online to see if they had any complaints and I also went and checked out many in person. I did not make an appointment, I just walked in. If you feel that daycares are dirty than you have been to the wrong ones. As far was what age, it varied from 18 months to 2 years. I went back to work when I felt my child could tell me if something was wrong.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 2:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My kids are 4,2 and 1 and i honestly did lots of research on looking for a good daycare and pre-k for my kids to go to i honestly looked at about 6 of them before i found the right one
    demonfairy23

Answer by demonfairy23 at 3:42 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I totally agree with you being nervous about you putting your daughter in daycare because there's so much crazy stuff going on with kids in daycares these days and know one will ever take care of your child the way you can. Im going through the same thing my son is 18 months and i really need to go back to work also because i want to get a bigger house and a car but i want to wait until he can tell me if something is wrong because in the area i live in theres always something crazy happening with kids in daycare. I would suggest you do some serious research on the daycares in your city and then decide.
    jaydi06

Answer by jaydi06 at 4:38 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Definitely do your research!!! Talk to parents who's kids are in the care.. Ask the kids some questions if you can, with parents permission of course.. Cuz kids will tell it like it is!!! Do several drop in visits at different times of the day... Mornings and evenings.. Look at how the kids are acting? Are they all happy? See how the caregivers are at the end of the day after they've been with kids all day.. Are they still smiling? Talk to your friends and see who they recommend.. I get most of my kids from my parents advertising for me.. Just follow your gut!!! Your instincts will tell you.. And take jazzy with you!! See how she does with the other kids... See how the other kids are with her... Spend a day there if you can just to watch.. Good Luck!! Its not an easy decision to make!!
    SweetT757

Answer by SweetT757 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I would suggest since your dd has had serious surgery, to start out at a home (or very small center) daycare. Most pediatricians agree that larger daycares have higher rates of child infections. My son when from a home to center and he has had a viral infection about 4 times. It's ok (to a certain extent) because it builds up their immune system, but if your dd's is compromised, definitely research! My ds went started daycare at 3 months bc I went back to work full time. Now I work at home and he goes to a center a few hours a week. He's 15 mo now.
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 10:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!
    MichelleR05

Answer by MichelleR05 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• All 3 of my children were in daycare before they were 3 months old. If you are worried about which daycare, call your county's child & family development department. They can either get you or direct you where to get a list of all the licensed daycares in your area. Interview with as many as you can, then go with the one that makes you most comfortable. Make sure during the interview that you let them know her condition and your fears. The best one will be able to make you feel at ease about it. Also try to plan the interview for mid morning or afternoon - these are the best times to go - not every kid is sleeping, sometimes parents are picking up, etc. This way to get to see the providers interactions with kids and parents!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i don't believe in day cares because of all the stories.
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 3:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2008