Has anyone gotten a flu shot, and after that got sick with that strain of flu? Just how good are flu prevention shots?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Health

• My husband always gets the flu shot and I never get them. Last year he got sick a lot worse than I did. He usually still gets the flu with the shot. I never understood why he keeps getting them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• the flu shot isn't a guarnatee that you wont get it. What they do is go to Africa and see what flu they got and they say ok that is the shot we need. There are several different strains of the flu. So what shot the make might not even be for the flu strain we get. And there is really nothing you can do for the flu, but stay home, drink fluids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I don't take the flu nasal mist. I always end up sick for 2 or 3 days when I do! I have had the flu after getting the shot though. I don't know what strain it was or if the shot was for it or not.

I don't get the shot every year. When I do I always end up with a VERY sore arm.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/Influenza/flufacts.aspx
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2009