why does milk make me feel like this?

for the past couple days everytime i drink milk (like in cereal, w/cookies or just a regular glass) i got this pain, kinda like period cramping, but maybe a little worse in my stomach. i have always drank milk and never had a problem, but its like i drink some now and i feel so sick from it, i just get this awful stomach ache and it lasts for atleast an hour! oh btw 35 weeks preggo...any advice? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Health

• I had that for a few weeks in this pregnancy, some people suggested it might be lactose intolerance too. It has gone away now but it was like you said, even a little and I'd have stomach cramps and stuff. I have switched to 2% from whole but I don't know if that's what stopped it or if it cured itself. Try not to drink it for a little while, maybe yours will go away too.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Stop with the milk, if it's making you uncomfortable, dont' drink it. You're preggo, the body does some weird stuff in that condition lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You could have developed lactose intollerance.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Sounds like you're lactose intolerant. There are so otc pills for it. Plus try less fat or lower fat milk or lactose free milk. I'm similar to you. If I drink one glass' amount I'm alright but more than that the toilet's my best friend lol.

like first responder said being pregnant your body could just be weird getting sooner to birth. Try lactose free milk, its still vitamin d but lactose free. Feel better and Congratulations on Baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Drink soy milk. It's better and does not make you feel like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• sorry, I meant to type try a lower fat milk or fat FREE milk. When my daughter had colic as a newborn into infancy and I breastfed her before SHE drank cows milk, to ease her colic I switched to drinking lower fat milk and through my breast milk, the lower fat milk I drank helped my lessen my dd's colic. She herself has never been lactose intolerant and she's over twenty years old now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• U sound like me. You are probably a lactose. This includes no ice cream, also!
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 10:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I used to get that too. I thought I was either having lactose issues or my pancreas was digesting itself (don't ask..). I switched to 1% and switched my ice cream brand and every now and then I get that feeling. Honestly, I am not one to go with soy products since they are estrogen based and soybeans are genetically modifed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Stop having dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2009