4 month old suddenly goes from being a good sleeper to not so good!

My dd has always been a good sleeper- she'd sleep at least 5-6 hrs at a time at night, wake up to nurse for 10 mins and fall back to sleep. For almost a week now she's been waking up every 2 hours!! I can't figure out why this is happening...any ideas??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say teething
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i read and this happened to my daughter too. its only certain times. usually a growth spurt. they want more to eat because they are growing at certain times. it passed and she went back to regular routine. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I could be a growth spurt.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Its either she has started teething or she is going through a growth spurt. My son is 4 months old now and his doctor warned me that this is going to come soon. My son dosnt wake up at all at night he goes down at about 830-9 and he wont wake up till 730-8 in the morning. But good luck and hope you gan get a good nights sleep soon.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My son did the same thing at about 4 months. The doctor also told me it was probably a growth spurt. It went on like that till about 5 months, now he is 6 1/2 months and sleeping fine. It is probably just a phase that she will over come. Good Luck. I know all those sleepless nights can really bring a mom down.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Teething and growth spurt. It's called the 4 month sleep regression. Every baby that I know of has gone through something like that. Things will get better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2009