Jealousy issues?

Is there any like disorder or something that even though I have a great life and everythings going great you still get jealous of some people or things people are doing and I just never feel good enough? I constantly want to be better than everyone around me. Even when I know I'm doing just fine. Is this a part of depression? I've always been like this for as long as I can remember.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Health

• Depression, and you probably just aren't where you thought you'd be in life and doing the things that truly make you happy. I understand what you mean, I've been going through this my whole life too! I've never had a lot of money, always get the short end of the stick and things always fall apart for me, it's like I have to work way harder than most people do for a litlle bit of happiness. Except for when it comes to my daughter, she is the best thing that ever has happened to me.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You're insecure about yourself. This is where jealousy comes from. It's really an ugly character to aways want to "one up" someone. Not, bashing, everyone is guilty of this at some point in their lives. You have to count your blessings everyday, & look in the mirror & compliment yourself. TRUST ME when i say that if everyone threw their troubles in a pile, you would take one look at their troubles & grab your pile RIGHT back. The grass may seem greener, but it's really the same color once you get to the other side. You have to find it in yourself to be happy w/ what you have & the way life is going for you right now. Obviously, if you feel the need to be better than someone else, then truly, you feel like you are lacking something inside yourself. You feel the need to make up for something you think you don't have. Make a list of all your good qualities. No one is perfect, that makes life more beautiful.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I don't think there's an actual "medical disorder" for that. It sounds like a "normal" psychological issue. I know this will sound so cliche' but there is truth behind it - somewhere in your upbringing (childhood), something(s) happen in your life that make you feel like whatever you do or have is never good enough. You can be the richest person in the world, have a wonderful husband and great behaving kids, and THAT still wouldn't be enough. You are trying to feel a void that you can't satisfy. Its a common feeling...its a part of life. No one can be happy and fulfilled all the time...no one is perfect like that. =) You can have moments of hapiness and "non-jealous" types of feeling randomly. Some find helping others make them appreciate what they have already (curbing that jealous feeling)...others turn to religion as a way to serve a higher purpose. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You cannot put a price tag on happiness. It's the small things like love, family & friendship that people tend to look past. But those are the ONLY things that bring out our true selves & our true happiness. Material things & superficial things should not be something to strive for, those things will never find you true happiness. Once you find the gold within yourself, you'll be able to shine w/ out having to one up anyone. Do you feel you are a GOOD person?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2009