He wants to change my son's name

Ok we have yet to officially name Liam, his BC still states Baby boy. My husband chose this name it was what he wanted. He wanted his son to have his first name because it is his mother’s maiden name and I made a list of name I liked and from there he chose Liam. I liked Liam but really wanted Edward or Phineaus. So needless to say we have never agreed on his name. Well now he wants to change it! He wants to use his father’s middle name in there and give Liam 4 names because he is the last baby and he feels we need to honor our families. Ok so he wants it to be Michael Denman ________ Fisher and I choose the blank name and the name we call him. But this kinda pisses me off why couldn’t he asked for this while I was pregnant because I would not have chosen Liam but now to me that’s my son’s name and so I could either add another name making it a grand total of 5 or use Liam and not have a family name of

Forget-me-not

Asked by Forget-me-not at 10:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So, people are changing their minds about baby names they like they change their underwear now?? You named him, stick with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• How old is your son? I agree your husband should've figured this out while you were pregnant! If you are attached to him being Liam put your foot down to keep it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Put Liam in the blank, my God he has 4 names, at least stick with Liam, and he can choose what he wants to be called as he gets older from the 4 names he has.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would put my foot down. If you have been calling him Liam and telling people his name is Liam, that's already his name. I mean legally his name is baby boy so whatever you've been calling him should be his name.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• How u gonna have a baby that legally dont have a name??? just wrong
    Anonymous

• We are only considering changing his formal name, he will still be called Liam. Anom.. you don't offically have to name a child if the parents don't fill out the section for a name baby boy ___ goes in the spot.
    Forget-me-not

Answer by Forget-me-not at 6:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I am understanding, that if you knew that your dh wanted to honor your families in the first place, you would have chose a different name to call your baby, perhaps so your baby would have a name that flowed nicely to you or wouldn't be too large. So I totally get the irritation.

I don't know what to tell you, except that my dh and I had a hard time with the name of our last child, and took a long time to settle on a name, every week he had a different name. (and he was already born and wanted to put his name on the birth certificate) He ended up with a lot of names as does his siblings, and the name he goes by is not his bc first name. (my first born also goes by a nick name from his middle name) anyway, just to let you know that your not alone.

btw, did you know Pablo Picasso's full name is: Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso?
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 4:06 AM on Oct. 3, 2009