What should I do about the R.S.V.P.'s???? Please help!

I had my son's Teacher distribute my son's bday party invites last Fri to all kids in hi class & a few other kids f/a different class. His party is in a week & I have only had 1 R.S.V.P. I am getting really worried & wonder if I should have the teacher distribute some kind of a "Reminder Note". I can't contact them directly b/c I don't have their contact information which is why I had the teacher send out the invites directly to the parents. I can't necessarily wait till the party day b/c on the invite it states it's at our Stadium (it's a football party)...it does not have an address. So even if they did want to just "Show Up" they can't b/c they wouldn't know where to go. I am so new to this and have no idea what is the norm when it comes to R.S.V.P'ing to a 6yr old's bday party. Is it normal for parents to wait till the last minute? Should I prepare a "reminder notice" for the teacher or is that too pushy? Thanks Moms

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Send a reminder note- with the address. What else can you do? Honestly, I have this problem every single year too and for that reason I'm no longer going to let my kids invite friends from school unless I already know the parents so I can follow up with them directly. It stresses me out every year. For my son's b-day last year I got two RSVPs out of his whole class- many of the kids he invited did show up but I had NO idea about numbers until the party was halfway finished!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Send a reminder note. That's why I don't send invites to anyone in my sons school unless we know them and have their contact info. People should at least call one week prior to the event to let you know if they are coming or not.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'd send a reminder with an address so they can just show up if they aren't RSVPing.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree with MommaRox. I am horrible at RSVPing and most of our kid parties dont require it unless it is a sleepover or something. I would send out a reminder note, make it super cheery and tell the fun things you are doing at the party and give an address with a map.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would send the reminder note with the address on it so if they just show up then they know where they are going.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes - make it super upbeat. And also include an RSVP by Date ... ie, let 'em know you have to give a count to the stadium ahead of time, so they need to RSVP by Oct 7th (or whatever day you pick). Works no matter what for party invites, I always include a date when I need to hear back. Have fun!
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 10:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I know it's frustrating. I find that most people do wait until the last minute...or they don't RSVP at all and just show up. I just marked RSVP off the invitations last time I sent some because I knew so few people actually do it. I would probably send a reminder note with the location. I hope you have a great turn out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009