Should i let my kids stepmom be their guardian

My ex lives in new york and i live in england and he only comes over on holidays (not complaing he tries when he can and gives 200 a month) he got married 5 months ago and wants her to have them if we both die but I want my best friend to have them she already has 2 kids and a hubby and my kids have only met their stepmom 5 times

RIPzoemommy

Asked by RIPzoemommy at 10:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh hell no! My Best Friend would get them, just b/c he loves this woman doesn't mean she is best for your kids.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If it was me I would go with who I trusted most with the kids. If you don't really know this woman it probably wouldn't be a good idea, especially where they don't know her really well...I would put alot of thought into it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I the US a judge decides who gets the children. They take into consideration the wishes of the parents if there is a will. There is almost no chance both of you would die at the same time. If you were to die they would go to their father unless someone else tried to stop it, like your parents. You don't get to say what happens if you die and then later the father dies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree. If my hubby and I were to split up and remarry....neither of our new spouses would get custody of our children. If we both died, our parents would get our child(ren). Which set.....we havent discussed that yet.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i think ur kids would need to go to family of some sort
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2009