bankruptcy??

Has anyone filed before? We dont know if we should do a chapter 13 or a 7. We have been buying groceries on our charge cards since Jan. My husbands checks went from 1,000 a week to 350.00 a week if we are lucky. We just dont know what to do. Our house is falling down around us. Basement leaking front door falling in dirt coming through the cracks of the basement, major electrical problems, Yes we had it inspected ) by a family member) before we moved in and he said it was a great house. WRONG all this started right after we moved in. We dont know if we should file on the house and rent , but we dont want to lose our cars. Any advice would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• When I filed 10 years ago you had to file on everything. You couldn't not file on your house or car or Sears card.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We were very young when we bought our first house and boy was it a dump too, but the price was right and we wanted something of our own. That didn't last and we filed chapter 7, which is where you don't pay anything back, and you could choose what you wanted to file and what you didn't. Speak to a lawyer, alot of them do free consult and he can tell you which one you qualify for bc the laws have changed so much in the recent years and I don't know exactly what you could do. But I would keep in mind, is the house worth keeping, after the bankrup. could you afford to do the upkeep and fix major things, would renting be better for your budget. We moved into a trailor park.....its not really that bad. My rent is $450 I can do anything to the inside, basically anything to the outside and its still mine. They can be really cheap and you still have more room that an apartment...just a thought.
    Ash3807

Answer by Ash3807 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you really need money and you can commit to working please log onto my website at www.mymomsoffice.com.
    familyvalues

Answer by familyvalues at 5:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We tried to file twice; both times we were told that we did not make enough money.
    Anonymous

• Try: www.cccsinc.org
    elvyloz

Answer by elvyloz at 8:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2009