How old was your LO on their first Halloween? Did you take them out?

My 1st dd was 4 months and my 2nd dd will be 2 months. I'm taking my 1st dd out (shes 15 months now) and plan on taking my 2nd dd. How old were/will be your LOs?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• My dd was 10mths so we just went to friends and families houses. Her second one she was almost 2 so we took her to a few houses in the neighborhood.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Both of my kids were 4 months on their first Halloween. We didn't go out trick-or-treating until my oldest was 3.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My oldest DS was almost 1, we took him out to friends and family. My second DS was 2 months, we took them to friends and family. My 3rd DS was 5 months and we sent the older 2 out with my SIL, and we stayed home with the baby and to handout candy. We would have taken the youngest out, but at that time he still had a few monitors and tubes and we didn't want to make others uncomfortable. Last year, we took them all out to several parties and around a few neighborhoods, and we will do the same this year.
    ljmcmichael

Answer by ljmcmichael at 11:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My son will be almost 7 months at halloween and I have the cutest football costume for him, if he still fits into it by then, hes growing like crazy....I dont want to take him anywhere except a couple close family members this year....
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I didn't take any of mine out on their first Halloween. They were 3 months, 2 months, and 2 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• about 5 months, and no. she had an ear infection anyway. She didnt' go out the second year either. This year we will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• my 1st child i took him when he was just like 6mnths but to his family house just to show off his custome. then my 2nd child 1yr and amonth .. we took him & his brothers to the mall.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• They were 1 week from turning 1. If it was cold we would not have gone, but Halloween was like 80 degrees that night. None of it mattered because they were knocked out in the stroller before we made it to the 1st house.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• DD was 8 days from turning 1. I didn't take her out but HOPEING to this year. We'll at least be downw in WA so it'll be warm! Last year there was snow on the ground and it was freezing out... not a place for a baby!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My oldest was 4 months on her first Halloween. I was seriously sick with the flu that year but the weather was gorgeous so I put her in an orange shirt she had and we sat on the porch with the neighbors, passing out candy (the nice weather actually made me feel better).
    My son was 30 days old on his first Halloween (he turned 1 month the next day). HE wore the same orange shirt as his sister and slept in the stroller while my oldest (who was 16 months) dressed in a Tigger costume and went to the houses on our side of the street with the neighbor girl.
    The next year I was pregnant with my 3rd and took the other two (then 13mo and 2yo). The third was 11 months on her first Halloween and wore the Tigger costume (like her brother and sister before her).
    My youngest was almost 7 months old on her first Halloween and also wore the Tigger costume while we went out. All 4 kids wore the same costume their first trick or treat.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2009