Throwing up formula?

My baby is beginning to throw up his formula. Not every time he eats but its been more than once in the past few days. He doesnt throw up immediately either its usually an hour or later after he eats. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Relactate!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Is he throwing up the entire bottle? Maybe he really needs a few good burps. My dd always threw it up if she didnt burp at least twice. Also make sure he is still for a good hour if poss. Like no bath right away or a swing or bouncey seat. If it keeps up just call the dr and see what they suggest. It may just be a weak stomach from a small virus or something GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• What does relactate mean? And yes he gets burped after each oz which he eats just 2-3 oz at a time. But thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Anon wants you to try to get your milk back to try to BF again.

(warning about asking formuals questions on here)

My Nephew had the same issue, turned out that he had a problem with the iron in the formula, just sort of built up. Bring it up with your Doctor, you may need to switch to a different kindo f formula.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We had the same problem. I breastfed as long as my milk produced but my milk dried up. We had throw up problems horribly with my 8 mos old. We use Enfamil AR it is thickened wtih rice startch and we rarely have the spit up or throw up problem anymore. GL
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• my pediatrician told me to use enfamil nutrimagen...it is the ONLY formula that has NO allergens...it's expensive but worth it
    Anonymous