how mad would you be?

So say you get your first ticket and its from one of those lovely flash things on the side of the road. few weeks pass and you get the ticket in the mail, inside the ticket is a $400 fine and letting you know that your license is suspended for 30 days.

the real kicker is you were only going 10mph over the speed limit.. how mad would you be?

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 11:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like a mistake. you don't typically get your license suspended for a first time offense and only doing 10 miles over. Was it a school zone or construction? That fine is waaaay high! inpsect the ticket and make sure everything is correct.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Whao! That is a big fine! Although speeding IS speeding, that is alot of money. I am surprised those flashy things work because usually they are a gimmick. IMO
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i would be very pissed writing the judge in the case and the DMV or whoever is in charge. That is way to big of a consequence. i dont like speeders, but 400 and a suspended lisence? thats ridiculous in my opinion.
    dorie84

Answer by dorie84 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• OMG I just got one of those lovely things in the mail. It was kind of embarrasing though because our truck is still registered to my SO's grandfather, SO is taking over the payments on it. Anyway, they mailed it to them, so now they think I'm some sort of speed demon who races around town without a thought! But I was also barely over the speed limit, not only that, I checked the street the ticket says I was on and I didn't see a camera! Also the time on the ticket is when I am at work so I am going to have to research this before I pay it. But my fine is nowhere near that much! My coworker told me if you go online, you can see video of the incident, so I tried it and interestingly enough, there is "no video available for this incident." Hmmm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Oh Id be pissed at the amount because to me thats way too much. Id definately be asking/fighting it. I realize I screwed up but $400 is a ridiculous amount.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• LOL! I am only laughing because I have been in your situation. I too got a speeding ticket and I got my lovely speeding ticket in the mail and went to the bank to pay it. I thought that was it, good to go. I didn't have the letter translated and 4 months down the road, I received another letter from the polizei. I was curious to know what it was about so I had my German friend translate it for me. She told me to get my butt down to the station immediately. I thought she was playing a joke on me or something. It turns out that in the letter with my speeding ticket it said that I had to turn in my license for a month. I lived 30 minutes from post, I was 3 months pregnant, and I was working and going to school on post, and my husband was deployed at the time! Continued...

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Continued... I turned my license over and spent the next month either spending the night at a friends house or taking a taxi to the train station, and then the train to the town I lived in, and then taking another taxi home. All total it was about 20-25 Euro to get home each night. Ugh! Pain in the butt, but I learned my lesson.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2009