Class Ring

i have a step daughter that i dont get along with very much. most of any issuse that we have i just tell her to take it up with her dad. Well she is ordering her class ring and put her boyfriend name on it after her dad told her that she could not do it. then when i asked her for the reciet so i could file it with our bills she said that she didn't have a recite. well i email the company and they sent me the recite that she "did" get and she went against her dads wishes and put his name on it. I am the one that pays our bills and i dont want to pay for this ring. but when i told her dad he said just pay for it and let it be a lesson learned when they break up and she is stuck with this ring. i dont fell the same way. what would you ladys do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Pay for it. Dont cause more drama than there already is. She's realize how stupid she was when they breakup(if they do). Later down the road, it might even be a reminder of him in a good way (depends on their relationship). Your husband told you to, and if you dont and she never gets a ring, he'll know it was because of you. You really want to start a fight over something so dumb?
    Anonymous

• Its her highschool class ring, and her Highschool boyfriend. Maybe its dumb, but its not worth ww3 over.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Also bottom line if her dad says to let her have it, that is what you need to do.One day it will be important enough for him to put his foot down and when he does it will between the two of them .Not you made out to be a rabble raiser.

Anonymous

• If they break up Jostens does free icon changes(if thats who shes getting her class ring through).
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree with dad - and have another talk with dad and let him know that when she breaks up with this guy and wants her ring fixed - then she will have to pay for it, period. He really should address her about it but a class ring is very important to those kids - she'll never forget her dad telling her not to do it - then she went against him and wound up regretting it. Trust me Mom, her lesson is coming.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• To me this is more of a situation that she did what she was specifically told NOT to do. I don't think her boyfriends name is that big of a deal, but her defiance is. I wouldn't pay for it.
    Anonymous

• I'm not too concern with her wanting her boyfriend name on her ring,her boyfriend in her senior year is a very big thing to her,and who are we to say,they won't get married and be together for 50 years,You hear about high school sweethearts all the time. Now,what upsets me is the fact she felted her parents didn't understand her, and she went behind her Dads back and got the ring done. In Ephesians 6,it speaks of children obeying their parents,but, it also states,Parents do not cause your children to wrath,meaning,we as parents are suppose to listen,and respect our kids too,so they won't feel like they have to be sneaky,or tell lies.In this case, although she was wrong, I think she thought she was right,all she saw was the love of her life,and graduation approaching,they may go to different schools,and she wanted something with his name for remembrance of their love. Oh, how sweet young love is.

Anonymous

• I would email the company again and tell them that there was a mistake on the form and that that name is not suposed to be there.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Shelii then the smom is behaving the same as the sdaughter and going against the girls.dads wishes.This will only cause trouble between o.p. and her husband.

Anonymous

• i wouldnt pay for it those things r expensive tell her she cant get the ring unless its corrected
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2009