What are the essentials for the arrival of a new baby?

I want to make sure im not forgetting anything, I have:

Crib, Matress, Bedding, Clothes, Diapers, Bottles, Formula, Thermometer. And i still need to purchase a swing. But that is basically it right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A bottle brush to clean the bottles, and if you have a dishwasher, get a little cage thing to keep the nipples, rings and lids in place in there. Baby oil, lotion and diaper rash ointment. A stroller, and towels, that's about it. And don't let the breast feeding nazi's bother you, you know what works best for YOU and YOUR baby.
    Anonymous

• Uhm car seat. .
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You don't need formula and bottles - breastfeed!

Some things that are nice to have: nursing pillow, swaddle blanket like Swaddle-Me or Miracle Blanket, baby sling, Burt's Bees Baby soap and diaper rash ointment, changing table.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• gas drops were a life saver to me at the beginning also burp clothes and baby wipes, soaps and lotions, hooded towels, washclothes, a baby bathtup is also nice. maybe a stroller.
    reava

Answer by reava at 11:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• car seat, receivig blankets, wipes (you'll need even more of these than diapers!), burp cloths (cloth diapers work great),
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Fortunately, newborns needs next to nothing. If you are nursing, all you need are some burpcloths for messes and maybe a Boppy for comfort. If not, bottles, formula, and a bottle brush. You'll need diapers, wipes, warm clothes, a carseat, and a place for baby to sleep. That's it! Congratulations:)
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• and please i don't need anyone else to tell me to breastfeed. It's not what i want to do, formula feeding worked 1000 times better for me with my first child, and it will work best for me this time also. I already have a car seat, forget to write that one down, and wipes are already in stock here with my first chidl =D. Looks like i have everything except for the bathtub. Thanks Ladies!
    Anonymous

• what i love to use is a baby brush oh my gosh it is a life savor when he wont go to sleep i just lay there and brush his hair and he falls right to sleep but he didnt start getting fussy until he was almost 3 months. but newborns only sleep and eat so you dont need much at first.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• we NEVER used our swing. fortunately it was a 2nd hand gift so not a waste. our son LOVED his bouncy chair.

i didn't see diapers on your list. you will need diapers (either disposable or cloth).

we didn't use the crib until about 3 mos. until then he was in a bassi in our room.

for ME must-haves were breast pads, breast pump (for when i went back to work), Tucks (these are things that help with any soreness of the vagina that i didn't even know about until after i had my son! and they are great!), overnight pads for post partum bleeding. i NEVER thought of the stuff I would need before, just what the baby would need so we had to go get this stuff. lol. also you will want a pillow for nursing/ feeding but it can really be any pillow, you don't have to get one of those expensive ones.

congrats and good luck! since you already have a child you probably already knew this stuff ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2009