Do you ever have that feeling something bad is about to happen???

Im interested to know if this is common for others to have that feeling that something bad is going to happen, and then it actually DOES. For the last few weeks I just have been feeling something was coming...I wasn't sure what, but I was highly anxious more than usual, I was in a traffic jam and I thought I was going to be shot...Okay , I am not usually this paranoid, but I sometimes just cannot shake the feeling. Things are going good in my life right now, and when this happens I always know the ball has to drop somewhere soon, so I feel when things are too good, it is surely too good to be true. Anyone else feel this way or seem to have the ability to sense the bad coming? Oh and my bad feeling ended up being a family members heart attack, and her health had been popping in my mind. I am not suggesting I am psychic or anything like that, but maybe we can sense the future in this way without even noticing it?

CurvyMommato1

Asked by CurvyMommato1 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i know sometimes when im driving to dh's work ( once a week ) i sometimes get this feeling like i better pay maore attention then normal..that sinking feeling like something bad can happen..and low and behold a truck comes around the corner doing 60 in a 35mph zone..if i wasent on high alert u just never know i was slow and driveing carefuly and watching everyone. ( i was 20 feet from corner, had enough time to see him wize around fast, and i was able to pull over so he wouldnt slam into me, also add it was a BIG truck ) but i do get that feeling more now then i ever did even at home kids sleeping and just have that ill feeling i will check on kids u just never know. better safe then sorry xo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Intuition, some have it more than others, but yes it's common.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes, I get those vibes as well.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I sometimes get this funny feeling in the pit of my stomach and it won't go away. I tell my SO I think maybe something is trying to tell me to be very careful for awhile so I usualy will be more alert.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes, that happens when ever something bad is about to happen or has already happened. When i was younger i had this gut feeling something bad happened and a second later (my boyfriend then) called and said he was in a car accident and he broke his leg. The most recent one, i was nervous and feeling weird for a few days and had no idea why. Then a few days later the phone rang and before i even picked it up i already knew it was my grandma calling to tell me my grandpa had passed away. It kinda surprised me that i knew that beforehand, but yes i get these feeling when something bad is going to happen.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I sort of do that...only my feelings come when something "big" is about to happen, not necessarily bad...just life changing. I get this sort of... gut wrenching but almost excited feeling that something is coming... and it always does. I had this feeling before meeting my husband, getting pregnant all three times, and often if something is happening with a friend of mine too. Sometimes I even sense if it involves me, or someone I'm close to. Once it was bad.. I had the feeling for awhile and a friend's baby passed away due to SIDS. It was the first bad thing, so now whenever I get the feeling I get a little nervous.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes that happens to me a lot. I remember I was a minor and was at a party. I just had a feeling something bad was gonna happen so I didn't drink and just went to bed. Anyways I woke up to the cops busting the party. I had the same feeling the night before my ex cheated on me. And the absolute worst time was when I was a friend asked me to babysit but I had plans so I said I couldn't. Well the entire day I kept feeling like I should have cancelled my plans to babysit for her. The babysitter she ended up getting shook her son that day and he ended up passing away after 8 months of suffering from that 1 awful day. So I think you should take those feelings very seriously. I will always regret that day.
    Anonymous

• Yeah that's happened to me a few times.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yup. This past Thanksgiving we were driving over 300 miles to visit my in-laws. The whole time we were getting ready I had a sick feeling in my stomach. I kept telling DH I felt something bad was going to happen. Sure enough, about 30 minutes into the trip we had a wreck. Thank goodness it wasn't serious. Barely even dented our car. DH said he thought we should go back home. I said we should be fine b/c as soon as we wrecked the bad feeling went away. The rest of the trip was smooth.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• The morning of 9-11-01 I was leaving for work and had no idea what was already happening. Something did not feel right, so I locked both the doorknob and the deadbolt (I normally would have only locked the deadbolt). When I got to work I found out what was happening.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2009