What can I do?

My 14 month old daughter has a moderate case of eczema. She scratches all the time. The doctor prescribed some cream for her but it doesn't seem to work any more. I don't want her to have scars from the sores that are starting to appear, although they are small. Can you help? Thanks in advance.

Zarviemom19

Asked by Zarviemom19 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Cortizone usually works well. Talk to your dr and let them know that its no longer helping and that you need more suggestions. Besides the scarring its gotta be really uncomfortable
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Stop using any other products on her skin. Chemicals can make eczema worse. I have problems with propylene glycol, it's in lots of stuff.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• There is a shot her doctor may beable to give her and it will clear it up and keep it from happening, I'm not sure if it's humira or what, my mom takes them.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would definitely let your PEDI know that the ointment is no longer treating it. Have you tried any oatmeal baths for comfort? Also, any idea what is causing her eczema?
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We switched to Aveeno body wash (the regular stuff, not baby) and all of the kids eczema went away. It took a few weeks, but that was nothing compared to the years that we were fighting it. Also, I heard some food can cause it (like dairy ???).
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• protrelm jelly worked great for us, now she is 16months and i started usingJohnsons creamy baby oil.its just like lotion with out feeling greasy,its great
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2009